In this article, we’ll cover a much request and very important topic – how to fill out a CMR form? Since it is the most important document in international cargo transport by road across all of Europe, the requirements are important to know. If you and your employees are aware of how this document has to be filled, you can expect to reduce spending on administrative work. By utilizing a cloud-based CMR document generator online, you can simplify and improve CMR-filling even more. But, let’s get back to CMR filling, and let’s see how you do it!
From a legal standpoint, the waybill (or the CMR) should always be filled be out thoroughly and properly. It’s a vital document that highlights the contract of cargo transport from the sender to the recipient. At least three copies have to be filled (or more). The CMR form is always standardized.
We’ll list the information required, by gap number:
6-12. From gap 6 to gap 12, these spaces are all dedicated to information, related to the goods and merchandise in the cargo. The most common example is when drivers use it to highlight that something might not seem in 100% perfect condition or whether something just he wasn’t able to do. Some of them are quite rarely filled out and are usually supplementary.
13. This gap dedicated for the sender to input any relevant information about the transport (e.g. temperature, instructions for the customs, delivery, etc.).
14. & 15. In these gaps, information regarding returns and terms of payment can be filled out. In general practice, this isn’t generally filled out.
16. & 17. Full name of the carrier.
18. The carrier can enter their comments about potential risks or additional concerns.
19 & 20. Information for provisions/payment.
21. Location of where the CMR is created (place of issue) and the date.
22. Contact info, signature & stamp of the sender.
23. Signature of the cargo company (representative is usually the driver)
24. Acknowledgment that the cargo was received, including the signature, date, and stamp of the recipient.
If gaps 25-27 are applicable, they’re reserved for information about the carrier transport and its identification.
If you want to know how to fill CMR documents much quicker and spend less money on administrative management, use online CMR document generators like SuperCMR. They will work at a pattern, meaning that you can autofill templates and quickly prepare and generate waybills in a pdf format for printing and email sending.
There are four copies / colors of CMR waybills.:
Red one goes to Sender.
Blue goes to Consignee, so this one accompanies the goods through entire transport.
Green is for Carrier.
Black is kept for administrative work.